September 25, 2010

.day 130: check-up in 265 words or less.

Today we had our second prenatal visit with our midwife, Heather. I peed in a cup, got poked with a needle, and was pleasantly surprised to see I had gained 4 pounds. I could give you all lots of details, but I need to start dinner, so here are the highlights: 

 - Getting all my tedious little questions answered. I have a lot of them. Just ask Heather.

- Only having to get stuck with a needle one time. I have horrible veins; they are tiny and uncooperative. I am used to being poked several times before one decides it's a better idea to just concede defeat and bleed a little than continue to be prodded repeatedly with a sharp object. Gross side note, the vein she did stick then decided to bleed very s l o w l y, so she suggested I pump my fist to get the blood pumping. It was really weird to hear the blood filling the vial in little, forceful spurts. Yes. You could hear it. Yeesh! 

- Hearing Jelly Bean's heartbeat. It was strong and a steady 140 beats per minute. We could even hear the tiny valves closing between beats with a little 'pop!' So amazing! Heather also said that Jelly Bean was moving around like crazy and seemed to be doing very well. Hooray for Jelly Bean! 

-Scheduling our BIG ultrasound! We get to actually see Jelly Bean on October 5th! Be sure you vote on whether you think Jelly Bean is a girl bean or a boy bean. Pizza party to those who guess right!

2 comments:

Lynda said...

I have horrible veins too and I get lightheaded. Best of all, sometimes I pass out! YAY! LOL! I love hearing baby's heartbeat! Its the most amazing sound in the world. True story.

.brittney. said...

I used to have an anxiety attack every time I had to get stuck with a needle. I got over that really fast with my last pregnancy! Ha, ha! I still hate it, though...